Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Vienna Calling!


Jorge Sanchez-Chiong & Joke Lanz at Echoraum Vienna (photo by Laura Gaetano)



After my trip to Charleroi and Nijmegen the line of transitions continues with another visit in Vienna. As temporary artist in residence at the University of Music and Performing Arts I spent two days in supervising student projects (NeW_AiR) in the field of Noise, Turntablism and Sonic Arts.
Schnitzel, Zweigelt, Käsekrainer. I love Vienna... My favourite place to eat and drink is Cafe Anzengruber: No arty farty hipsters, no music, bright light and the best Wiener Schnitzel.
On my last day I played a turntable duo with my good friend Jorge Sanchez-Chiong (JSX) at Echoraum. It was an intense and inspiring show with two sets in changing positions. Frenetic applause forced us to give an encore.
Thanks to all the friends who came to the show and especially Werner of Echoraum who was a great host.

Jorge Sanchez-Chiong
NeW_AiR
Echoraum

No comments:

Post a Comment